July 29, 2010

Day 21

Today Meggan and I visited the V&A (Victoria and Albert museum). It was really cool, the museum is just a collection of random artifacts from all over. There is a special exhibit on architecture right now so there are seven different houses from all over the world in different places around the museum. After the V&A we got crepes for lunch (seriously I think we have a crepe addiction) and I met my class to go out to Freud's house. We toured the house where he spent the last year of his life after moving from Nazi occupied Vienna. In the house you can see Freud's artifacts from all over the world, his famous therapy couch, a large book collection and his daughter Anna's office and place where she conducted psychoanalysis. It was cool to see the house and it's located in a cute neighborhood. When I got back from Freud's house Meggan, Ashley and I went to Lillywhites which is a HUGE (6 floors!) sporting goods store. I bought a new pair of Nike tennis shoes for 30 pounds since my old ones are pretty trashed and keep getting holes in them. I also got a pair of Nike shorts for 12 pounds. That night we went to Texas Embassy for student night. They gave Baylor the entire top floor and really good deals on drinks and shots.
V&A
Alter cross and other stuff from Renaissance churches
A cross from 1250
Stained glass
Tabernacle 
One of the seven houses
Meggan inside the house. It was really cute and even had a tea set
The Top of the Pops British Rock exhibit. It's photos from all the artists who came on the show like The Beatles, The Who, The Beach Boys, etc
More photos
The book house :) My kind of place
Inside one of the houses, this one had a tree in the middle of it and is one people actually live in
The inside/outside tree house
The V&A
Another house
Freud's house
The famous couch
Ready for Texas Embassy!
At the bar. Taking tequila shots
Meggan, Ashley, and me
 Trying on costumes at the V&A. Fat suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment