June 01, 2011

First Days

I have now completed two days at my new job. Getting up early is going to take some getting used to. Yesterday I had to be at the Target in Euless at 9am for the first day of Business College. We spent the day watching videos, filling out paperwork, and talking about what to expect over the next six weeks. In total there are 11 new EITs (executives in training), 5 are pharmacists, the rest of us are in various areas around the store. At the end of the day we got our training calenders and surprise, we all had different stores to be at the next day. We meet in Euless four more times for classes and all the other days are spent at a training store.

Today was my first day at the training store and I had to be there at 7am! So early. The day passed pretty quickly once we got started though, and now I'm wondering how we will possibly fit everything in each day. My trainer's name is Reggie and he is originally from the Wichita area, and coincidentally remembers my mom from when she first started at Target! I spent a lot of the day walking the store learning about the different areas and meeting people in them. I also trained as a cashier and at the guest services desk. I also got to sit in on an interview, and see schedules and things like that. It was a long day, but it was good. Tomorrow Reggie is off, but I'm still working 7-5 and will probably spend a lot of the day working on my online training and getting certified to use the various tools in the back. Then I am off Friday, and work 3-close the rest of the weekend. During my training I will also get to participate in total store inventory, which happens over night. So that is pretty cool. I've got my to-do list of everything to finish tomorrow and hopefully I can fit it all in!

No comments:

Post a Comment