June 05, 2011

Shoplifters and Scan Downs

First closing shift at Target and it was a long one. After a day off Friday I went in at 3:00 today and didn't leave till around 1:15. I worked on one of my online lessons and then joined one of the Leaders on duty for a store walk before my trainer Reggie arrived. We spent a lot of our night walking the floor, zoning (straightning) and making sure everything was covered because there were a lot of call ins. I learned how to sign off on delivery trucks, and check the food temperatures. Tonight was also ad scan down. Starting around 10 we walked around taking down all the clearance and price cut signs that ended today. It took hours to do this, each card in each isle has to be scanned back into the system and taken off the shelves so that the new ad can be put up overnight. The most exciting part of the evening however was catching shoplifters! The asset protection team (people, including police officers, who monitor the store and take care of theft and other issues) caught three 13 year old girls stealing $600 worth of merchandise including many boxes of condoms. So tonight I got to see the monitors and the holding cell and the police had to come and take the girls. It was kind of exciting, I wish I had gotten to be the employee sitting in on all the action. Hopefully tomorrow's closing shift will be quieter, the store closes an hour earlier so at least I should be home before 2:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment