May 28, 2011

Washing Machine Mishaps

Today I finally got my new washing machine. A week late, but finally here. So I immediately started washing clothes, sheets and towels. This high efficiency machine is going to take a little getting used to. It sounds a bit like a shrieking child when it runs, and I think using the right amount of soap is going to take some getting used to. The load of towels seemed to go well, so I threw in a load of colors. There is no size setting on the washing machine, so that was confusing enough, but then there are six different types of water settings. This being a load of colors I usually wash on cold/cold, but I saw a setting called color/cold. I won't be using that setting again, when I opened the machine not only did half the clothes still have soap residue on them they were all very warm. Apparently the wash had gotten so warm it had heated up some of the screen printing on one of my t-shirts, so now I have a dress with printing residue on it, and an "a" stamped onto part of another shirt. I'm not sure if the high efficiency setting just uses more heat and less water or what. But it's going to take some getting used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment