June 14, 2011

Busy Busy

Wow, I can't believe it is already week three of training. I feel like I've learned so much, but I still have so much more to learn. Things are going so fast, and on the days that I work I don't hardly have time for anything else. My day off is a welcome break every week.
Lets see, in the last three weeks I've gotten my first paycheck, gotten a Target debit card, enrolled in benefits, paid my first bills at this apartment, and added a few new things to the place (like pillows, and decorative stuff). I've done a lot of online training, learned how to do a business walk, use the LPDA and learned a lot of rules and policies but I definitely need more hands on experience in my actual job figuring out everyday things.
Last weekend was my first weekend off and I spent it in Austin. One of Ryan's friends got married on Saturday so that afternoon we drove out to this little place in Kyle, Tx for the wedding. Although it was hot out the wedding was very pretty. It was on this property with a big white house and a little gazebo out back along with a covered area for the reception. They had a photobooth and everyone could take pictures and write notes to the bride and groom in an album. So cute. We had steak, chicken, and veggies along with an open wine/beer/margarita bar and cake. After the wedding we hung out with a few friends on 6th Street. Sunday we watched the Mavs become NBA Champions with some people in Austin. It was a lot of fun and an exciting game.
Monday and Tuesday have been work days, nothing too exciting. Tomorrow is total store inventory so I'll be working all night long.
 Hanging out at the Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment