June 28, 2011

4 Weeks In

It's so nice to touch base with other Executives in Training. Makes me feel like I'm on the right track and that its totally normal to still feel a bit overwhelmed and lost. I'm in week 5 of my training, so only a week to go! I can't believe that in a couple weeks I'll be at my home store. Yikes! I know I still have a lot to learn, and it's going to be weird to be a total newbie in charge of a bunch of people who have worked for Target for years. This week we have a lot classroom days, which means it will be hard to get 50 hours but it's really nice to hang out with other people in my same situation. Being able to compare experiences, training and feelings about our new ETL positions is great. Knowing that other people feel the same way I do and have the same worries I do is so reassuring.

In other non-work news, this past weekend was my weekend off. Ryan came up during the week for a baseball game and then after a trip to Oklahoma with his dad for business came back Friday. We went out in uptown Friday night with a few people. Then on Saturday our friends Ellie and Barrett came up from Waco. We all went to Six Flags, which of course was a lot of fun. We are also trying to plan a trip to Schlitterbahn before the summer is over. Saturday night we had people over to my apartment to hang out. Sunday we took Ellie to get her first In N Out burger and then Ryan and I went to see Bad Teacher. All in all, a great weekend! I have the 4th off but no plans as of yet, hopefully I'll make it down to Houston sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment