May 24, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

And I thought I left the crazy weather and humidity behind in Houston. Such an interesting last few days with thunder storms here in the DFW area. Ashleigh and I attempted to go to the pool yesterday but in a matter of minutes the sky turned dark and it began pouring. Same thing today, it was bright and sunny all day and around 4/5 it got really windy and the temperature dropped. It took awhile for the actual storm to get going, not until about 7:30 did it actually start raining but since then I've seen fist size hail, crazy wind and rain. We've been under a tornado warning for most of the evening because of funnel clouds and rotation near Fort Worth and Love Field. Currently two of the three hail storms have passed, so it's only raining now and luckily I still have power. Such an interesting start to my week here. Luckily it was nice over the weekend and Ryan and I went to Six Flags, and to some bars in Uptown with his friends from HS. So much fun! I missed having roller coasters to ride.
 Start of the hail storm

No comments:

Post a Comment