August 17, 2010

An End to a Summer

As summer draws to a close my senior year at Baylor gets closer every day, and while I'm excited to get back and excited at the idea of being almost done with college the real world gets closer and closer every day. This summer was amazing, traveling around Europe was fantastic and something I will never have the chance to do again (at least not for 5 weeks, with first class tickets and passes into basically every museum) but it all passed too fast. It's weird that BGB is no longer something to look forward to but something behind me. As senior year looms I realize that I have no idea what I'll be doing or where I'll be living a year from now. It's a strange feeling not knowing what the future holds, it's even weirder not having a plan for how I want things to work out. In high school I knew exactly what I wanted and where I wanted to be when I graduated, this year I have no idea. I've always been a planner so thats weird for me not to know, or even have an idea of what I might want to be doing.
Leave it to me to pick a major that is basically unmarketable without graduate school. I'm taking the GRE, so grad school is definitely an option, I'm not sure if I'm ready for the 6 years of work a PhD would take but a masters degree is doable. Honestly I'd love to just have a job when I graduate, I'm ready to work and have my own place and get life going I don't really want to be in school any longer but I don't really know how to make that happen, or even how to start looking for a job I'd enjoy. I also don't feel like I have much hope in the job market with the amount of post-graduate friends I have who are still unemployed, but we'll see. I move back to Waco on Saturday and classes start Monday and I'm ready to see what senior year has in store. I can't believe my life at Baylor is almost over, but I'm excited to figure out what's next.
Also, my cat is cute:

No comments:

Post a Comment