April 13, 2010

White People getting Crunk Should be its own Sport!

No seriously it should! This Friday was stompfest here at Baylor. Stompfest is an event (that was originally called Afro Olympics) put on by a few of the multicultural sororities that is a stomp competition. So there is a coed division and a non coed division and groups from Asian student association, to STUFU, and all the sororities and fraternities participate. This years theme was decades, so each group had a time period to base their act around and everyone gets coaches and attempts to be crunk. Some of the groups are really good, and this year a performing arts high school came and performed at the end. It's so entertaining. ADPi did a future themed act and it was really cute, they had some cool black light effects. And the Asian kids rapped about what else, egg rolls. Haha.
On Saturday I went to the Phi Alpha Theta regional conference in the oh so exciting Sherman Texas. For my Britain in the 20th Century class we could present one of our papers at the conference for our final exam. It was a really long day, but surprisingly fun. We had to meet at school at 4:45am to drive up to Austin College so that was ridiculously early. Some of the other girls in my class and I sat in on a session so we could see how presenting went and then we just hung out the rest of the day. They gave us breakfast and lunch and there were a few speakers and a cool movie this guy made as part of his thesis. I presented at like 1:30 that afternoon, my paper was on The Sex Pistols, I was in a room with another girl I knew named Emily who wrote about woman punk rockers and a third girl who's paper was on Luther and church hymns. It went really well, I was terrified I wouldn't be able to answer any questions but everyone really liked the punk rock papers and we had a fun discussion after our papers were over. It was a good way to get a final exam out of the way!
I also registered for classes this week. Only 4 classes to graduate! So I'm really filling my schedule with random stuff for the next year. I'm taking Learning and Behavior, Theories in Psychotherapy and Counseling, Adolescent Development, Extreme Deviance, and Renaissance and Reformation.

Things You Shouldn't Name your Child
Breezy
She'bree

Funny Sign I saw this weekend
 


L'Ja$per is too legit to quit

No comments:

Post a Comment