April 27, 2010

A week of firsts and lasts

So this is officially the last week of my junior year here at Baylor. WOW. I can't believe I've been here in Waco for three years already. This time next year I'll be celebrating things like last day of college ever, and last first final exam, scary huh? The end of this year comes with not only excitement for the summer but bittersweet feelings of losing a senior class that I for once have really good friends in. Last night was our last ADPi meeting of the semester and the seniors did their traditional walk out and it was weird. I can't imagine not seeing some of their faces every day, or every week, and I really can't picture myself next year celebrating my last meeting ever. Such a weird feeling.
In a way I really can't wait for this year to be over, this semester has been my hardest by far and the fact that I have 5 papers to write this week (thankfully I've finished 3) and a test plus final next week makes me want to get it all over with. It'll will be a sad ending though with friends leaving, many of whom I won't see again in the fall and the terrifying prospect of the almost end of college. Last night I pulled my first all nighter of my college career. I always hoped I could get away with not pulling one but I really needed to get this paper finished so I can move on to the other papers I have to write. It's going to be a long week. My last days at Waco Center for Youth are also coming up, a place I will miss a lot this summer. It's a weird feeling to think that next year is my last here, it should be blast I have very high expectations for senior year and I'm looking forward to what summer and senior year will bring.
On an awesome note I leave for London in 71 days!! Ballin!
Oh and last week was Diadeloso, the best and most frattastic Baylor holiday ever. It's a random day we get off full of tug-o-war, music festivals, dog shows and for a lot of people celebrating on 10th street. It was a lot of fun (see pics below)!

No comments:

Post a Comment