September 14, 2010

Ghouls night out

It seems like every where you turn in college people are getting engaged or married, especially here at Baylor where the Mrs. degree is a popular thing. Is it really necessary to be settling down at this point in our lives? I mean it's great if you find the person you want to spend your life in college but who cares if you don't? Despite the way some people act finding a husband in college doesn't need to be your goal. I know I'm not alone in this but I'm sick of people acting like it's a bad thing if you're not in a relationship, I don't need to feel bad that I don't have a boyfriend. I'm having fun, I'm figuring things out for myself, now I'm not saying that if the right person came along I wouldn't want a relationship but why rush things? My life goal isn't the ring by spring, as it is so fondly named here at Baylor. Anyway because of this Reagan and I came up with an idea for a single girls night out.
Tonight was Reagan, Jenny and my first ghouls night out. What is that you may ask? Well it's basically girls night out, but ghouls instead in honor of a Halloween sign Reagan and I found. So we are going to come up with fun places to go, like different happy hours or movies or concerts and just go and have fun. Anyway tonight we went to this new place called Sam's on the Square (tequila and tacos). Soo good! They serve a bunch of different kinds of tacos, some soups/ salads and appetizers. They also have a bunch of fun sounding drinks. We were there during happy hour so we got margaritas, queso and tacos! Yumm!! After dinner we went to "A Night with Sarah Palin" which was at the Ferrell Center on campus and it was a fundraiser benefiting Care Net crisis pregnancy center. Care net provides free pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, etc for those experiencing unexpected pregnancy and they are trying to expand their resources to provide a place for the mothers to live, and more counselors to talk to girls.  It was really cool, Sarah Palin is hilarious and a very relatable speaker. She spoke about being pro-life, and about her own experience in finding out her son was going to be born with down syndrome and her fears and about her daughters pregnancy and how Bristol dealt with that. Her accent is adorable, and I love that she doesn't care what the press says about her and her family. She told a lot of funny stories about caribou hunting in Alaska.
So our first ghouls night out was a success! On another note, Baylor is offering a practice GRE for free this weekend, so I'll be taking that, and two weeks later the real one! Also the career fair is coming up Sept 30, so I'll be there too looking for job.

and without further ado...
Things you Shouldn't Name your Kids
Rowane
Laquita
Se'Ryan
Taiesha
Kayanoosh
Chykira (Like Shakira?)
Leekita
Admiral (although this sounds kinda cool)
Le'Darrius
Tiwneshia
Maridandna
Glass Box (yes this was a real number)

No comments:

Post a Comment