March 22, 2010

Movies, March Madness, Mexican Food, Martinis

Things I've noticed at work:
- First you shouldn't name your kid Uchechukwu, I mean really what person is going to be able to pronounce that?
- Second, if you have a name like the above person don't act angry and upset when I pronounce it wrong on the phone. I guarantee no one is going to get it right the first time.
- If you don't want to come to Baylor just tell me, I won't take offense, don't try to awkwardly carry on a conversation you have no interest in for 3 minutes. 
- Playing Would You Rather Robert Pattinson edition makes work infinitely more fun. We've come up with some good ones lately. Like Cowboy v Pirate or Football player v. Baseball player

Speaking of names, after an episode of the trashyness that is Maury that Emily watched we have decided to rename Jasper. He is now L'Ja$per. It sounds more gangsta.

Such a good weekend! Both for Baylor Basketball and for Friends.
Friday after class was over Ashley, Chance, and I took Lucy and went to Cameron Park to go hiking. So much fun! It was really pretty out and hiking to the top of the lookout areas gave us such a pretty view! It was a lot of fun, and could quite possibly become a weekly tradition especially now that it stays light longer. We even got to climb some cool rocks. Next week our goal is to hike some of the expert and difficult trails now that I found us a map. After hiking we went to Casa Ole for dinner and spent awhile there. We came back and watched Jawbreaker, Dazed and Confused and the original Power rangers which comes on at like 5am!

Saturday Brooke, Reagan, Laura and I drove to Austin for the afternoon to see The Runaways, which is about Joan Jett and Cherie Currie and has Dakota Fanning and K.Stew in it. It was pretty good, lots of drugs and rock and roll. It's so weird to see Dakota in such a grown up role I remember when she was a little kid. While we were at the movie Baylor men's basketball beat Old Dominion, and KU lost. Sic'em bears, sweet sixteen! We were all very excited and went out for mexican food at La Margarita in Round Rock. We continued our movie marathon with Adventureland and Whip It. To go with the movies we made really fun martinis. All in all it was a great evening. 
Today has pretty much been about working, I had dinner with Jenny, Brooke and Reagan and now I'm studying. Ten days left! Planned out my birthday last week :)



No comments:

Post a Comment