January 14, 2011

Last first week of school

Is over! And it went pretty well although I do feel like senioritis is setting in.
This semester I don't have any Friday classes, which is really cool, but also weird. I feel like I need more to do, which I probably won't be saying in a few weeks when I have tests to study for, papers to write and SING practice to go to. Anyway, I'm only taking four classes, only one of which is on M/W. So I guess that gives me lots of time to look for a job. Haha.
I did get all my graduate school applications in the mail this week. It's really nice not to have those to worry about anymore. I also applied for a paid summer internship, because it sounded really interesting, it's full time, paid and if I can't find a job or decide on grad school it would be something to do this summer. I'm not really sure what the internship entails, but it's with a collegiate greek life company that puts out a magazine, directory, discount cards for local businesses and has an online community to connect greeks all over the country. It's a marketing/sales internship, but it sounded interesting and I suppose I'll find out more during my phone interview next week. That's basically it for the job front, not much is posted on the Baylor job listings yet, and nothing I qualify for is on USA jobs in Tx right now but I'll keep looking.
I guess now it's time to describe my classes for anyone out there who is interested.
1.Violence in the American Screen: So far, really interesting. It's weird not having a film background and being in this class because I don't understand everything being discussed (like specific people, editing and shooting techniques). But we have screenings every week, and the books for the class seem interesting. Plus I like movies.
2. Theories in Psychotherapy and Counseling: Sounds more interesting than it is so far. First, I'm not a huge fan of the professor, and her complete lack of knowledge on how to use the electronics in the class room is annoying. Maybe it will get more interesting, I think it might solidify my thoughts that I shouldn't go into private practice counseling later in life.
3. Forensic Science: love, love, love it! Obviously a topic I'm interested in, I'm just sad I didn't have a forensics minor and that I'm graduating and can't take classes like "Blood Spatter" and "Crime Scene Photography" because lets be honest, this is a field I could see myself working in. It's a freshman level class (easy, hopefully!) and the professor is really young and cool, plus the stuff we talk about is interesting.
4. History of Texas: Not looking forward to the 20+ page research paper, but other than that seems interesting. When one of the textbooks is called Lust, Violence, Religion you know the class is going to be interesting. Plus I like Texas, and Baylor has the Texas Collection on campus which means primary source documents and really old maps and stuff we can use. We get to wear gloves too, which makes me feel cool.

Well that's about it for my first week. I'm off to paint a backdrop!

No comments:

Post a Comment