January 02, 2011

Happy New Year!

Another year has come and gone, and Christmas break with it. Since I'm not one for resolutions I didn't actually make any, except to find a job and have my own apartment. Anyway, since I last posted finals ended and I went home for Christmas break.
Highlights of my break:
-Work: I went back to Studio for the last time this break. Although I love the people I work with, and It's been a fun job I'm glad to be done working there, and ready for a real job!
-Zoo: This break I had multiple zoo days! The second one I'll get to later. Traditional zoo day with Kevin and Jason was awesome. I made friends with an otter, saw Toby, and visited the new African forest! It was awesome, we got stuffed otters and red pandas as souvenirs and ended the day with Chilis.
- Movies: As usual I saw quite a few. Tron, How do you Know, Black Swan, True Grit, Tangled. I think that's it.
- Ryan's visit: Ryan came down from Austin for the Texas Bowl and for New Years.
- Texas Bowl: Was fun, despite the rain and the loss.
- Howl: Ryan and I met Jason and Matt there after the game, and as always it was a good time. We also went to Howl for New Years Eve which was a blast!
 - Feeding Giraffes: On zoo day number two Ryan and I got to feed the giraffes! For $5 you can have three big pieces of lettuce and feed the giraffes in the new African forest. It was really cool to get that close to the animals.

So it's been a pretty good break. Tomorrow is my last day in Houston and then I'm headed back to Waco for recruitment and classes start back the 10th!
 For Christmas Ribbon got a box
 And Jasper played with all the wrappings
 Zoo Day 1

 Pygmy huts in the African Forest
 Funny Masks

 Jumping pictures on my new camera!
 Texas Bowl!

 Matt's first trip to Howl, yay 21st Birthdays!
 Ryan's first time at Howl!
 Zoo day 2
 Feeding giraffes!

 Baylor the elephant

 Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment