October 01, 2011

It's Already October

It's finally Fall! and not 100+ degrees outside. It's a sunny 77 today and it feels so good. It's crazy that it's already October. We've had our first 4th Quarter planning meeting at work and are already preparing for the holiday season. I've also successfully lead my first surprise visit and navigated through a transition in Produce. The Deli and Meat ones are coming up in the next few weeks. I've also filled out my first guest incident report for a woman who had a seizure, fell and hit her head. Tonight I close the store by myself and lead ad take down for the first time. So work is going pretty well, I've gotten to know my team and every one at the store. It's fun hanging out with the other execs my age, I just miss having weekends. 4th quarter will be an interesting experience, long days, crazy sales, lots of new stuff.
Other than work I've made it back to Waco for a football game which was a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll be back for a few more. I'm going to homecoming for sure. Marianne, Thomas and I have also started meeting up every Friday night after work to eat, get drinks and hang out which is a lot of fun. I'm also working on planning a trip to the state fair sometime next month, and Ryan, Matthew and I are going to go to a Cowboy's game too. I've got to do as much stuff as I can in October before I don't have the time in November or December.




No comments:

Post a Comment